Fix iTunes on Windows XP
Some people running Windows XP 32-bit may have noticed when they have upgraded iTunes, that it doesn’t work.
I have searched long and hard for a viable solution, and I have finally found one.
- Terminate all iTunes/Apple related processes using Task Manager.
- Go to this site: http://icu-project.org/download/4.0.html#ICU4C
- Download icu4c-4_0_1-Win32-msvc8.zip and extract icuuc40.dll.
- Navigate to C:\Program\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\
- Drag the new icuuc40.dll into that folder and replace the existing one.
- Fire up iTunes and enjoy!
Yes, I searched for this and have finally found it — now on my Windows PC, I don’t know what made me rage more — not having a working iTunes, or having a working iTunes!
Source: Apple support forums