Fix iTunes on Windows XP
Some people running Windows XP 32-bit may have noticed when they have upgraded iTunes, that it doesn’t work.
I have searched long and hard for a viable solution, and I have finally found one.
- Terminate all iTunes/Apple related processes using Task Manager.
- Go to this site: http://icu-project.org/download/4.0.html#ICU4C
- Download icu4c-4_0_1-Win32-msvc8.zip and extract icuuc40.dll.
- Navigate to C:\Program\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\
- Drag the new icuuc40.dll into that folder and replace the existing one.
- Fire up iTunes and enjoy!
Yes, I searched for this and have finally found it — now on my Windows PC, I don’t know what made me rage more — not having a working iTunes, or having a working iTunes!
Source: Apple support forums
Subscribe to our RSS feed to get the latest posts from TechSpheria!
The written portions of this journalistic piece are copyrighted © echo date('Y'); ?> TechSpheria unless quoted or otherwise stated. Unauthorized use of such content is subject to international copyright law and may result in legal action at the discretion of the administrator.
- 90 second iTunes previews available worldwide
- How to downgrade from iTunes 10.5 beta on Mac
- iTunes 10.5.1 beta 3 released to developers; improves iTunes Match
- iTunes updated, confirmed safe for jailbreakers
- iTunes Match beta available to developers