Telus (Canada) waiving activation fee until June 30
Telus, a Canadian carrier, is waiving their $35 activation fee for new plans until June 30th.
This promotion is only for monthly plans on 1-3 year terms and only the following plans are eligible:
- iPhone Clear Choice — $50
- iPhone Clear Choice Flex — $65
- iPhone Clear Choice — $100
- Voice & Data Flex — $55
The discount will be applied as a credit to the user’s first or second invoice.
Personally, I believe Canadian carriers overcharge massively for iPhone plans, offering almost no data and about an hour of minutes for a price which can purchase an entire new iPhone in a few months.
Kudos to Telus for this; though I feel this should be permanent. If you want new customers, don’t charge them to start paying you.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to get the latest posts from TechSpheria!
The written portions of this journalistic piece are copyrighted © echo date('Y'); ?> TechSpheria unless quoted or otherwise stated. Unauthorized use of such content is subject to international copyright law and may result in legal action at the discretion of the administrator.
- Sprint axing unlimited data
- Verizon customers can keep unlimited plans
- Did TELUS just leak the iPhone 5 release date? (Exclusive)
- Telus unveils $65 student plan with 6GB data
- Apple applies for “Photo Stream” trademark in Canada, eh?