How to stop receiving those annoying automatic DMs
For any Twitter user who follows a lot of people, you would know about these abhorred automatic DMs, ranging from a simple “Hello,” to “Join me on my Facebook fanpage,” and even to “I’d like you to join my mob,” the latter of which I find most stupid.
Most of these automatic DMs are sent with SocialOomph, who graciously provide a way to opt-out of these godforsaken annoyances.
To do so, follow these steps.
- Follow @OptMeOut on Twitter.
- Wait a few minutes for them to follow you back.
- Send a DM with anything as the content.
- Unfollow away!
These will stop SocialOomph from sending you automatic DMs, and will stop the majority of them, but not all. You will find that the amount of automatic DMs you receive is cut down dramatically.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to get the latest posts from TechSpheria!
The written portions of this journalistic piece are copyrighted © echo date('Y'); ?> TechSpheria unless quoted or otherwise stated. Unauthorized use of such content is subject to international copyright law and may result in legal action at the discretion of the administrator.
- AT&T customers now receiving their 1000 free minutes
- Why YouTube AutoShare Failed — Why No One Cares
- Mobile Site Migration Complete
- Find My Mac revealed in Lion Preview 4
- Twitter: Get Off My API